Facebook groups are becoming a very popular place for brands to engage with their customers and promote their products.
With the annoying algorithm on Facebook business pages and Instagram it makes sense that Facebook groups are now a main focus for many brand owners.
One of the great things about promoting in a group is the fact that you are posting from your personal Facebook page. People love to see the face behind the shop, and groups become a place where you can essentially “bond” with your followers.
A lot of people ask me how to get their group to engage- and the answer is: Post engaging content!
I’ve collected some pictures for business owners to post in their group to engage and get to know their followers.
Feel free to use any of these.
*Tip* Post your own answer in the comments once you post, this helps bump the post.
1. Where are you from? Drop the emoji that represents your state!
2. Would you rather go a whole day with lipstick on your teeth or smudged mascara?
3. Or, if you prefer, you can replace “child” with “husband”. 😉
4. Type in d-i-s-n-e-y.com in the comments and the first person to get Woody wins! (Or you can crop it if you don’t want to do a giveaway)
5. Everyone has a favorite! (Mine is Jasmine…or Mulan.)
6. Who is your celebrity twin? Everyone says mine is Kourtney Kardashian.
7. Who is your favorite TV couple? I love Zack & Kelly <3
8. If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose & why? I would choose That 70’s Show or Saved By The Bell, because I love all the characters on those shows! 🙂
9. Which cup is yours? (Mine is probably B3)
10. If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be?
[EDIT] Since I made this post “.gifs” came out on Facebook and have made for really fun engaging posts!! Here’s some more pictures to post to get your group to engage with gifts:
MORE CONTENT ADVICE:
• Ask your group “opinion” questions, whether it be which print to use for a new product, or which carseat to get for your baby. (People love to state their opinion!)
• Ask random questions such as: What is your favorite crock pot recipe? What are your plans for the 4th Of July? Etc.
• Create Polls.
• Do live videos!
• Create albums for your followers to post photos in, such as “Mail Day”, “Styled ____your brand name here___”
Post consistently to keep your group active! Your Facebook group can become a huge game changer for your business, so be sure to use it to it’s full potential.
For more advice and tips, join my Facebook group Facebook.com/groups/happyhustle
Instagram stories has been a game changer for business accounts on Instagram. I know that a lot of business owners are struggling with the algorithm changes, “shadow banning”, and new business settings. Many are fearful that Instagram will soon be like Facebook, as far as business pages go. This means that businesses will most likely have to pay if they want their posts to be seen. While I totally understand why Instagram would do this (very smart business move on their end), it is already proving to be very harmful to small business accounts that are trying to promote their products.
Thankfully, Instagram threw small businesses a bone, and came out with Instagram stories. I highly recommend taking advantage of this tool and use it to it’s full potential.
Here are some of my tips for using Instagram stories for your business (or blog).
1. DIRECT FOLLOWERS TO OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Stories is a great place to promote your other social media platforms such as Pinterest and Facebook. I created a couple photos that can be used in your stories, that you can save and use! Once you upload them to your stories be sure to add the URL, example: pinterest.com/britt_kav For the mailing list photo, be sure to add directions for how to join your mailing list. (Tap each photo, tap + hold to save to your phone.)
2. DIRECT FOLLOWERS TO YOUR LATEST INSTAGRAM POST
A lot of times Instagram will burry your post, and a good majority of your followers won’t even see it. (Thanks a lot, new algorithm!) Using stories to direct followers to your latest post can be a great tool to help boost your views. Screen shotting your page and posting an arrow to your post is one way to send them there. Example:
(My phone is on the charger. Don’t judge me.)
Put a sticker over your post to get your followers interested in what it is! (SoOooO mysterious.)
You could also post something like this (feel free to save and use these):
The arrow points to your profile picture, which can be clicked on. 😉
3. INCLUDE EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT CODES
Creating a custom discount code exclusively for people who watch your stories is a great way to see how many sales you’ve gained just from your story viewers. You could even make it fun and have a “Happy Hour Sale”, and delete the story once the sale is over. This will also encourage people to keep an eye on your stories.
4. LET YOUR FOLLOWERS GET TO KNOW YOU
Instagram stories has been a great way for business owners & bloggers to open up with their followers and allow them to get a glimpse into their life/home/office/etc. I didn’t know the face behind a lot of shops until Instagram stories launched. Customers love to know who they are buying from. Make sure to stay professional, remember…there are some things your followers DON’T want/need to see. (Trust me, I’ve unfollowed some pages because of their stories.)
5. GO LIVE
The newest Instagram feature is the ability to go LIVE! Something about watching other people live is just so fascinating. One advantage is the fact that your followers will be notified that you are live. I suggest planning out exactly what you are going to talk about, or at least have some sort of idea, because it can be easy to lose your train of thought. (And it can be quite intimidating.) Use the LIVE tool to engage with your followers, allow them to ask you questions, or use it to ask them questions! (Examples: what items they love, what they want more of, where they’re from, etc.)
I would love to hear if this post was helpful to you, or if you have some of your own suggestions/helpful tips!