I put together a list of my favorite apps that I use to save and make money.
I’m usually very hesitant when people tell me about “easy ways to make money” such as side hustles, surveys, apps, etc.
I tend to question everything and assume it’s a scam, especially if it sounds too good to be true.
A few of the apps I’m going to list truly do sound too good to be true, but they are legit!
Once you download these you’ll be mad that you didn’t have them sooner.
Make sure to help a mama out (me!) by using my links so I can get a referral bonus. It can be your way of saying “thank you” for letting you know about these badass apps. 😉
This one is my favorite. All you have to do is download it, link it to your cards, & then when you spend money at certain retailers you’ll get cash back. No codes or anything needed to get money back- it literally just goes straight to your Dosh wallet and then you can cash out to your bank account when you’re ready. You can also make money by referring people. Usually you can make $5 per referral, but sometimes they do promotions where you can make up to $10 per referral. Just make sure to link your card once you download it so you don’t miss out on making money!
Download the app with this link & you’ll get $5 in your account automatically. Or use code: BRITTAK237
*Don’t forget to link your cards right away!*
This is an app that helps you save money. You can set a goal for how much you want to save, and then you set how much money you want to “round up” to every time you use your card. That money will go into your Qapital savings. You can cash out at any time. I always forget about this app then I go check on it to see how much I’ve saved and get excited! It’s a perfect way to save for a vacation, pay off a bill, or just to have a little extra cash when you need it. You can also get referral bonuses by sharing the app with your friends.
Download the app with this link to instantly get $20 in your account.
This app is similar to Dosh, except you have to actually go through the app (or website) to shop and then you get your cash back. Still super easy, just don’t forget to link your card and check it before you shop! You can also get referral bonuses by sharing the app.
Download the app with this link & get a $10 bonus automatically.
4. Drop App
This app gives you points when you shop at certain retailers. You can redeem your points for gift cards for brands you love. I am new to this app but it seems cool so far! Just make sure to link your card right away so you don’t miss out on any points
Download the app with this link and use my code j9j8m to get $5.
5. Cash App
This app is a lot like Venmo but I like it better. It seems more private than Venmo and I like that when you refer friends you can get $5. (Maybe Venmo offers that also? I’m not sure. Cash app still wins in my book. Ha!)
Download the app with this link & automatically get $5 in your account.
This post isn’t sponsored but I do get referral bonuses if you use my links! You can also get referral bonuses once you download the apps and share with your friends.
This is freeeee money, guys! There is no reason you shouldn’t have all of these apps on your phone saving and making you money right now!
Have any favorite apps that I didn’t mention? PLEASE let me know in the comments!
Apps for apps. Because it never ends!
I wish that I had known about some of these apps/tools a long time ago, but it’s always better late than never!
Of course I have your basic apps/social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I also have the Facebook Business page app, along with my e-commerce apps for Shopify & Etsy.
Here are a list of other apps/websites/tools I utilize to help run my businesses.
• Tailwind [App & Website] for Pinterest & IG scheduling: A scheduling website/app that allows you to schedule out Pinterest posts and Instagram posts. This is literally a must-have for any blogger/business owner. I think that Pinterest is a very important platform that needs to be taken advantage of, and Tailwind allows you to schedule out your Pins which is a great way to maintain an active account. Tailwind also helps keep track of your website traffic from your pins.
• Planoly [App & Website] for IG scheduling/visual planning: I actually don’t use Planoly to schedule my posts, but I DO use it to visually plan my posts. This is a great way to make sure your feed is cohesive and flows well. It really has helped me make my feed more visually appealing. I also really like to use the analytics feature, which shows stats and top posts for the week/month/year.
• Trello [Website & App] for project management: I actually didn’t even realize this was available as an app until JUST now. Ha! I use it online on the website. Anyways! Trello is AMAZING. It’s basically like virtual sticky notes that are very easy to organize. The great thing about Trello is the fact that you can invite people to join your “boards” and they can see/add to your notes. You can even upload photos, videos, and files. This is perfect for making lists for yourself or working on projects with clients, employees, collaborators, co-workers, etc.
• GetVela [Website] for Etsy (Bulk Editing): I just recently used this website for the first time while editing listings for a client. It makes editing listings so easy. The website is very user-friendly and there is a live-chat option available for if you have questions.
• Collabor8 [App]: Collabor8 is a great way for influencers to find businesses to work with, and vise-versa. I have used it a few times and have had great experiences.
• Fiverr [Website]: Fiverr is basically a one-stop shop for freelance services. From logos, to graphics, to copywriting and more, you will find it all on Fiverr.
• UpWork [Website]: I feel like UpWork is a higher-quality version of Fiverr. Basically offers all the same stuff for a little bit higher prices, so remember; you usually get what you pay for.
• WordSwag [App]: WordSwag is perfect for making graphics for sales, giveaways, deals, quotes, etc. There are a lot of backgrounds to choose from, or you can use your own photo, then add pretty text over them.
• Bazaart [App]: Bazaart is really fun to use, it has a ton of different fonts/backgrounds/images to choose from, along with some cool editing tools. I really like using this app to create images for things like sales and giveaways or for making collages of new products.
• MailChimp [Website]: MailChimp is my favorite E-Mail marketing platform. It’s very user-friendly, which makes it easy to send out e-mail campaigns to your e-mail subscribers. MailChimp also allows you to create Facebook & Instagram campaigns directly from their site.
• WiseStamp signature [Website]: I use this to make my signature for my e-mails that I send out from my business e-mail address. This makes your signature look professional and allows you to add a photo and links to your website(s).
• GoDaddy Bookeeping [Website]: My personal favorite way to keep track of my books. This website makes my life so much easier, and it also makes taxes not as scary! My accountant loves me for using this website. It’s SUPER easy to use, all you have to do is link your bank accounts and it automatically separates all your purchases and expenses. (There are some that you have to manually.)
• DisplayPurposes.com [Website]: OMG you guys! I wish I had found this website sooner. I have been using it for about a week now and I am obsessed. This makes my life so much easier when it comes to adding hashtags on IG. All you have to do is type in a hashtag relevant to your post, example: #girlboss, and it pulls up 30 or less similar hashtags for you to copy and paste to your post! (AND it has the little dots to make it look pretty.) I am obviously way too excited about this.
• LinkTree [Website]: LinkTree allows you to link tour different sites all on one page. For example, on my LinkTree I have links to my blog, YouTube, Facebook group, and Virtual Assistant page.
Facebook groups are such an amazing recourse for business owners/bloggers/influencers. I have probably joined 100 in the last year. (Not even kidding.) Go into the Facebook search bar and type in anything, from: Photography, Etsy, Shopify, Business Owners, Bloggers, Collaborations, WAHM, Social Media Marketing, Facebook Marketing, Instagram Marketing, etc. etc. etc., and make sure to click “Groups” and you will find a ton to choose from. I try to join the ones with a good amount of active members. Groups are a great place to learn, collaborate, and ask questions. I definitely recommend joining a few that relate to your business!
Okay, so this list was pretty short, but I wanted to make sure to be authentic and only include apps/websites that I truly love and use often.
I am always open to new recommendations, so if there is an app/website that you can’t live without, please let me know!!
I plan on doing a separate blog post about my favorite Shopify Apps. I will link it here once it’s finished! 🙂